An EC code on an AlertMaxx2/Rego1 means an error in Wi-Fi configuration, normally caused by a change in network name or password.
If your AlertMaxx2 or Rego1 has an aerial protruding from the left hand side, please try to reconnect the unit following this guide.
If your AlertMaxx2 or Rego1 doesn't have aerial protruding from the left hand side, please try to reconnect the unit following the below guidance...
- When EC is on the display. Hold FUNC button for 5 secs, then release.
- Upon release you will see C0, which will change to C1.
- When C1 is present on the display, go to internet settings on your device (phone/laptop/PC).
- Locate ‘SideWinder-Setup’ on the list of available networks and select it.
- Once selected open up your chosen browser (Safari, Chrome, Edge etc).
- Type 192.168.1.1 into the search bar at the top of the browser and press enter/search.
- A new page will load, select ‘Scan Networks’ from the 3 options.
- Once ‘Scan Networks’ has been pressed a new page will load.
- A list of all available networks will be displayed, click your chosen network.
- A new page will load, asking you to fill in the password for your chosen network.
- Type in the password and click ‘Connect’.
- If successful a green message will appear at the top showing ‘ Successfully Connected’
- Press ‘Save & Exit’ or close your browser.
If the connection still fails, please call our Technical Department on 0330 9000 999.