- Set both pumps offline by pressing ‘Off’, both displays will show ‘--’.
- Press ‘Hand’ for pump 1 (when submerged) and let it run for approx. 5-10 seconds. Record the current (A) reading shown on the display.
- Check that the current reading is suitable for the pump installed, see table on page 18 of the O&M for common pump types.
- The overcurrent limiter must now be set. Add 40% to the value obtained in step 3 (example - 5A running current - 5x1.40=7A limit value).
- Press all three buttons on Pump 1 at the same time (Hand, Off, Auto) - the value shown should be 6.5A from the factory.
- Adjust the value according to the calculation in step 5. Ensure you hold the buttons down to scroll through the values.
- Hand - decrease the value
- Off - set as the limit value
- Auto - increase the value
- Reset - abort setting of the value
- Press the ‘Off’ button to set the limit.
- Repeat for pump 2 if installed.
- Press ‘Auto’ for both pumps, both displays will go blank and the green LED will flash once every 2 seconds.
- Setup is now complete.
*Overcurrent detection is disabled when running a pump in ‘Hand’.
In some instances, you may need to set the overcurrent limiter above 9.9. When exceeding 9.9 the display will show A.X. ‘A’ = 10. The highest overcurrent limit setting is 10.9 (A.9).