What does S2 mean?
If you have an S2 on either a Rego1 or an AlertMaxx2 this means that the internal battery counter has reached 0.
The AlertMaxx2 and Rego1 do not show S2 to indicate that the battery is in bad condition they show S2 to indicate that a routine replacement is required to ensure the internal 6v battery is always in its best condition.
How to clear:
1. Hold FUNC until U- is seen in the display. (approx 7 secs.)
2. Continue to hold when U- is seen in the display until U6 is present in the display, release when U6 is present.
3. Once FUNC is released Sb will be seen in the display.
4. Hold FUNC one more time to reset the counter.
5. The unit will beep to indicate the reset has worked.
NOTE: The 6v battery must always be replaced before carrying out the U6 reset.